Areas of Special Interest
Anxiety, depression, self esteem, conflict and anger management skills, trauma, grief, relationship issues, life changes, addiction.
I can help you to:
- explore your emotions, thoughts and behavior.
- become more aware of yourself, your values and what motivates you.
- to find purpose and meaning in your life.
- improve your relationships.
- be more relaxed and manage stress.
- develop your sense of well-being.
- plan and set goals.
- self care
I can help you develop the insight and skills to manage and work through the problems you are experiencing. You will be listened to empathically and supported in developing an understanding as to what is happening for you.
I can also help you discover how the past patterns influence the present. These new insights create freedom to explore choices around change. I will support you to develop new skills to manage these changes. Self esteem and self confidence will increase. Relationships with yourself and others will become healthier.
I use a client centered, supportive approach as my primary therapeutic model. Depending on your particular needs I may also incorporate the following methods:
- Solution Focused Therapy
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
- Psychodynamic Counselling
- Interactive Drawing Therapy
- Motivational Interviewing
- Transactional Analysis (TA)
Registrations and Professional Memberships
- Member New Zealand Association of Counsellors (MNZAC)
- Member Drug and Alcohol Practitioners Association, Aotearoa New Zealand (DAPANZ)
- Certified Counselling Supervisor
Background and Experience
I have extensive experience (over 20 years) working with clients on a broad range of issues. My clients come from both the public and private sectors. I also am qualified and have considerable experience working with the treatment of addictions and mental health. I am married with 5 adult children and several grandchildren. My interests include politics, reading, art, animals and gardening.