Areas of Special Interest
Boosting self confidence, confusion and conflict solution, stress management, relaxation and mindfulness techniques, anxiety, panic attacks, PTSD / Trauma, depression, challenging life transitions, parental guidance.
I can help you to create the life you want by exploring your current situation in new ways.
My professional service helps you to:
- Build confidence
- Discover how to use your own resources and personal power to initiate the changes you desire
- Feel good about yourself
- Find direction and purpose
- Find solutions to current unresolved issues
- Reclaim a healthy balance in life
- Create the relationships you want
- Extend your parental skills
- Manage and ease anxiety, panic attacks, and stress
- Recover from trauma
- Improve quality of your sleep
I offer a free consultation to establish that I can help you and you will benefit from working with me.
- I will work with you holistically, using knowledge and skills combined with lessons learnt from personal experience.
- My goal is for you to leave each of my sessions with a clear sense of achievement and satisfying results.
- Satisfied clients have told me I have an 'honest and straight forward' style.
- I can assure you that you will be carefully listened to with understanding, and treated with the utmost respect and dignity.
- I blend the elements of different therapeutic approaches (such as ACT, CBT, Existential, Gestalt, Solution Focused, Biodynamic and more) and tailor their treatment according to your unique needs.
- I use common sense and love to incorporate practical exercises, which makes our experience fun.
Registrations and Professional Memberships
- Member of the NZ Association of Counsellors (MNZAC)
- Associate Member of the EMDR Association in Australia
Background and Experience
I have been working in the field of therapy for 14 years - helping a large number of people from different economic, cultural, and religious backgrounds - to go from where they are now, to where they want to be in both organisational as well as private settings. I work in conjunction with Primary Health Organisations and also accept referrals from General Practitioners.
I have a high awareness of cultural diversity and have experience working alongside professional interpreters.
I continuously advance my professional training through workshops and seminars, which I regard as being essential in keeping up to date with latest therapeutic knowledge and research findings.