Areas of Special Interest
Low mood/depression, anxiety (generalised, social, health, phobias, panic), life transitions, stress and burnout, parenting and relationship difficulties, emotional regulation and distress tolerance, grief and loss, sleep problems/insomnia, OCD.
I provide professional, evidence-based psychological therapy within a warm, supportive, non-judgemental, and collaborative therapeutic relationship.
Therapy can be about making sense and meaning from events, understanding behaviour, noticing thoughts and thinking styles, processing emotions, and discovering new ways of relating to ourselves and others. It may involve identifying what is going well, as well as developing new strategies, experimenting with different responses, and interrupting cycles which keep you stuck and unsatisfied.
After a comprehensive assessment, I can help you move from awareness and understanding, to figuring out the 'how' of making change. I provide therapy according to your goals and needs, with the intention of helping you to be closer to being the person you want to be, and doing the things that are important to you.
I am trained in a variety of evidence based therapy models including:
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT)
- Cognitive Analytic Therapy (I am part of the 4-year accreditation programme)
- Eye Movement Desensitisation and Reprocessing (EMDR)
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy
- Family Based Treatment for Anorexia (The Maudsley Model)
- Motivational Interviewing
as well as drawing from Family Systems Theory and Dialectical Behavioural Therapy (DBT).
Registrations and Professional Memberships
- Registered Clinical Psychologist
- Member NZ College of Clinical Psychologists (MNZCCP)
- Member of the Association of Contextual and Behavioural Science
- Doctorate of Clinical Psychology
- Bachelor of Arts (Hons) in Psychology (First Class)
- Post Graduate Diploma of Arts (Psychology, with Distinction).
- Bachelor of Physical Education.
Background and Experience
I previously worked in the New Zealand public mental health system where I provided psychological assessment and therapy for people with moderate to severe mental health problems. n 2017 I began working in private practice part time, before moving full time into this current role in 2019.