Adults, couples, families.
Registrations and Professional Memberships
- Provisional Member of the NZ Association of Counsellors (ProvMNZAC)
- Member NZ Christian Counsellors Association (MNZCCA)
- ACC Registered Counsellor
- Bachelor of Social Services - Counselling (with Distinction)
- Certificate in Gestalt Therapy (two years training)
- Diploma in Life Coaching (with Merit)
Background and Experience
I have extensive experience in a wide range of client presenting issues. These include anxiety, anger, depression, drugs & alcohol, couples’ issues including sex & intimacy, grief, historical abuse, stress, lack of assertiveness, trauma, family and workplace relationships, and ineffective thinking & beliefs.
As well as being in private practice, I am a contract counsellor for EAP Services Limited and Vitae (employee assistance programmes), and I am employed by Family Mental Health Service in Mosgiel as a counsellor and mental health clinician.
I have a special interest in men’s wellbeing and the challenges they face, such as personal growth, negative cultural pressures, separation / divorce, fatherhood, and masculinity.