Adults, couples, families.
Areas of Special Interest
Issues people bring are personal growth, depression, anxiety, stress, self–esteem, grief/loss, identity issues, life transitions, relationship issues, and inter-generational trauma. Clinical support for health professionals is available.
If you find yourself having difficulties in your relationships, or are unhappy about where your life is going, then psychotherapy might be a good option for you to try. In my experience, psychological therapy can be a process that leads to new understanding and more effective ways of responding to difficult situations. When honoring our body, mind and spirit, inner wisdom emerges and clarity arises. Learning new skills and strategies help us move forward towards growth and well-being.
My approach is holistic and tailored to meet the needs of the individual within your social and cultural context. This includes learning about your internal experiences, your life story and present circumstances. My intention is to offer you psychological well-being recommendations, which may include psychological or psychosocial interventions.
Modalities I work with are:
- Talking therapy
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Dialectical behavioural therapy (DBT)
- Mindfulness-based interventions (MBI)
- Mind/body therapy
- Psychodynamic psychotherapy
- Attachment theory
- Inter-generational trauma therapy
- Couples therapy
Registrations and Professional Memberships
- Registered Psychotherapist
- Member of the NZ Association of Psychotherapists (MNZAP)
- Member of the NZ Association of Counsellors (MNZAC)
- Masters in Health Sciences (Hons), University of Auckland
- Post Graduate Certificate in Health Sciences in Child- & Adolescent Mental Health
- Graduate Diploma in Adult Psychotherapy
Background and Experience
I bring over 20 years of experience in counselling and psychotherapy in private practice and government mental health agencies as well as NGOs and community counselling agencies in New Zealand. One of my specialty areas is working with a mind/body therapy focus. I also offer mindfulness-based interventions, psycho-education and family support.
Clinical support for health professionals is available.