Areas of Special Interest
Trauma recovery, grief and loss, depression, anxiety, stress management, self esteem, personal growth. I am an ACC registered provider for survivors of sexual trauma. I am also contracted to EAPWorks and Vitae to provide EAP counselling.
Counselling and therapy can help make positive changes in your life.
Whether you're looking for short-term counselling, or a longer term therapeutic relationship, I am committed to building a therapeutic alliance with you to help you achieve your goals.
"You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf"
- Jon Kabat-Zinn
I draw on a range of psychotherapy and counselling approaches that are tailored to best suit your needs. My practice is collaborative, so we will decide together on an approach that works best for you.
- EMDR (Eye Movement Desensitisation and Reprocessing) is a structured psychotherapy approach and the World Health Organisation gold star treatment for trauma. This underpins much of my practice.
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT), Transactional Analysis (TA), Narrative Therapy, and Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) also inform my approach.
Registrations and Professional Memberships
- Member of the NZ Association of Counsellors (MNZAC)
- ACC Registered Counsellor
- Member of EMDR Association of NZ
- Masters in Counselling Studies
- Postgraduate Diploma Education (Counselling & Guidance)
- Diploma Trauma Management
Background and Experience
I have been practicing as a counsellor on the Kāpiti Coast since 2014. I have had counselling roles at a women's health collective, at a Wellington NGO specialising in young people and families, for an NGO specialising in perinatal distress, for an NHS online mental health platform, and my own private practice.