Children, adolescents, adults, groups.
Areas of Special Interest
We offer therapy for learning and behavioural difficulties, anxiety, depression, ADD, ADHD, Autism, Asperger, Complex disorders, trauma, shock, grief, PTSD, anger management, low self-esteem issues, accident, brain trauma recovery, and parent advice.
We offer well-researched and non-medical therapy solutions. We work with clients, parents, schools and other professional therapists to coordinate the best outcome for each person. We tailor each therapy session to suit the individual’s personal needs. We do this in a client centred, calm and loving environment.
Kapiti Neuro Therapy Centre provides practical support to help manage the symptoms of a wide range of neurological conditions. Corinne will consult with you as to the best concept that meets your personal needs. Everyone is different so the concepts are customised to each individual. Depending on your needs we will draw on the following therapies:
- Multi-sensory therapies, including Sensory Therapy, Light Stimulation Therapy, Snoezelen Therapy, Movement Therapy
- Neurographics Therapy
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT)
- Neuro Linguistic Programming (NLP)
- Art Therapy
Registrations and Professional Memberships
- Provisional Member of the Australian, New Zealand and Asian Arts Therapy Association (ANZACATA)
- Diploma in Therapeutic Art
- Certificate Neuro Linguistic Programming (NLP)
- Mindfulness Diploma
- Neurographic Specialist Certificate
- Colour Diagnostic Certificate
- Multi Sensory Room Certificate
- Facility Management Diploma
- Diploma in Business
Background and Experience
My name is Corinne Allan I have worked as an independent art therapist since 2017 at my art therapy studio in Waikanae. I have provided art therapy for schools and community groups in the wider Wellington area.
In January 2020 I opened Kapiti Neuro Therapy. I’m passionate about changing attitude towards neurodiversity and disability through non-invasive well researched therapy solutions like neuro therapy, art therapy, light therapy, movement therapy, play centered learning and snoezelen therapy in a multi-sensory environment.