Adolescent girls (16+), women.
Areas of Special Interest
Anxiety, depression, suicidal ideation, trauma, sexual abuse, domestic violence, self-esteem, confidence, life changes, anger, chronic illness, bullying, fear of abandonment, post-partum depression, perinatal loss and grief, disenfranchise grief.
I provide semi-structured assessment and counselling to help you to:
- explore your emotions, thoughts and behaviour,
- manage you symptoms,
- become more aware of yourself, your values and what motivates you,
- find purpose and meaning in your life,
- improve your relationships,
- develop your sense of self and wellbeing,
- plan and set goals,
- develop a safety plan.
I can help you develop insight and skills to manage the problems you are experiencing. You will be provided a safe space to disclose your problems, so that confidentiality is strictly maintained. In addition, you will be provided constructive feedback, so that you become informed of what is happening for you.
I will also help you to discover how the past patterns influence the present. These new insights create freedom to explore choices around change. I will support you to develop new skills to manage these changes. I will help you explore the strengths within yourself to improve a sense of self and increase self-confidence in order to have a positive well-being.
I provide semi-structured trauma-focused therapy, which includes Cognitive Behaviour Therapy (CBT) and Dialetical Behaviour Therapy (DBT) alongside Motivational Interviewing. These therapies will be specifically designed in accordance to the clients' needs.
Registrations and Professional Memberships
- Practitioner Member of the Drug and Alcohol Practitioners Association of Aotearoa-New Zealand (DAPAANZ)
- Accredited Clinical Supervisor (DAPAANZ)
- Registered Clinical Social Worker (SWRB)
- Registered Social Work Supervisor (SWRB)
- ACC Registered Counsellor
- Registered ACC Assessor
- Master of Health Sciences (Hons) (Auckland University)
- Postgraduate Diploma in Health Sciences (Auckland University)
- Bachelor of Social Work (Auckland University)
Background and Experience
I have worked as a Clinical Social Work Practitioner at Auckland District Health Board with Women and Childrens' Health. I have also worked as a Grief Counsellor at Mercy Hospice with the Oncology and Palliative Care Team. In addition, I completed my internship at Waitemata District Health Board (CADS) while completing my specialisation in Alcohol and Other Drugs Addiction and also worked as an AOD Clinician at Odyssey House with the Rehabilitation Team. I have gained over 15 years experience working with women and children as a Registered Clinical Social Work Practitioner and Counsellor in the mental health field.
I provide External Supervison to Clinical Practitioners who are working in various Mental Health Services, the Ministry for Social Development and Non-Profitable Organisations.
I provide six modules:
- Review of recent professional supervision theory and practice
- Supervision for Addictions and Mental Health
- Supervision and technology
- Group Supervision
- Reflection on own addiction supervision practice
- Tools and resources to support the supervision relationship.