Areas of Special Interest
All general counselling issues including End of Life and grief, and counselling for drug and alcohol issues.
A Time to Reflect -
Sometimes 'life' happens and it isn't easy. You don't know what the future holds. It can be a lonely and confusing time carrying the burdens of 'life' and the changes it presents.
A Place of Support -
You do not need to be alone. I provide an opportunity to talk about whatever is on your mind, a chance to learn new skills, and explore new ways of looking at things and yourself.
Positive Change -
We will journey together in partnership as you begin to confidently move towards making positive and enriching changes in your life.
As a General Counsellor, you will be supported as you deal with:
As an Alcohol & Other Drug Counsellor, you will be supported as you:
- Anger & Stress
- Work related stress
- Life changes & stages
- Separation, loss & grief
- Relationship issues
- Personal & spiritual growth
As a Palliative Care Counsellor, you will:
- Wonder about your relationship to alcohol & drugs
- Wonder 'Where to from here?'
- Journey on your recovery from alcohol & drugs
- Provide you with relapse prevention education, and
- Other relevant information which can help you make informed decisions for your life
- Be supported as a person with a life limiting condition, or as a family member/carer.
I work within the confidentiality and ethical guidelines of the NZAC.
Registrations and Professional Memberships
- Member, Registered with NZ Association of Counsellors (MNZAC)
- Bachelor of Counselling (BTI)
- Graduate Diploma in Applied Addictions (WelTec)
Background and Experience
I have had counselling roles at:
- Church of the Saviour, Blockhouse Bay
- Strive Community Maori Community Trust, Mangere
- Rangeview Intermediate School, Te Atatu South
- Grace Foundation Maori Trust, South Auckland
- Te Whanau O Waipareira Maori Trust, Henderson
- Wings Trust, Mt Eden
- Antara Free Natural Health Clinic, Te Atatu Peninsula
- Hospice West Auckland and Homecare Medical working for the National Telehealth Service.
I have worked with women living with domestic violence, school children, adults relocating back into the community after leaving prison or a period of homelessness, adults with alcohol and other drug issues, end of life and grief work, and general counselling issues: depression, anxiety, stress, relationships etc.