Areas of Special Interest
I am registered with the New Zealand Psychologists Board (Clinical Scope)and work with a wide range of difficulties including (but not limited to): low mood/depression, worry/ anxiety, stress and burnout, grief and loss, trauma, self-doubt.
We all experience painful situations, thoughts and emotions. Sometimes these can become overwhelming and we can get stuck with patterns of thinking and behaving that make it difficult to live the life we want and do the things that we want to do.
Psychological therapy can help you to:
- Gain a better understanding of yourself and difficulties that you are experiencing
- Develop skills to better manage challenging situations, thoughts and emotions
- Shift unhelpful or stuck patterns of thinking and behaving
- Create a life that is meaningful and fulfilling
It is common to feel anxious when beginning therapy for the first time. I aim to create a safe and comfortable space where we can work together to develop a shared understanding of your experiences and create change that is meaningful for you.
The time frame for therapy is different for everyone and is something that we can discuss together depending on your goals and preferences.
I offer a psychological therapy that is tailored to each individual and draws on a range of evidence-based therapy approaches including:
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT)
- Dialectical Behavioural Therapy (DBT)
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT)
- Compassion-Focused Therapy (CFT)
Registrations and Professional Memberships
- Registered Clinical Psychologist
- Member NZ College of Clinical Psychologists (MNZCCP)
- ACC Registered Counsellor
- Doctorate of Clinical Psychology
- Bachelor of Arts (Honours) in Psychology (First Class Honours)
- Bachelor of Arts (Art History and Psychology)
Background and Experience
Prior to my private practice and ACC work, I worked in the public sector for several years. This work involved being based in community mental health services (primary and secondary mental health services) and schools. I have worked with adults, adolescents and families.