Children, adolescents, adults, couples, families.
Areas of Special Interest
My areas of special interest are stress management and work burnout, depression, anxiety, mindfulness, weight management, low self esteem, trauma and abuse, or any other challenges you might be facing.
I offer a confidential, non-judgmental service to support you, your child, or your family moving forward with any issues you may be facing. My approach is positive and client-centred to help you bring out your strengths. I am passionate about supporting the uniqueness of each client and helping you to live more fully in the present moment.
I can help you:
- Plan and set goals
- Explore thoughts emotions and behavioural patterns
- Improve relationships and communication skills
- Help you resolve conflict positively.
I use a range of approaches which I am trained in. When we meet, we will talk about which approach best suits your specific needs. These approaches are evidence-based and include:
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy
- Narrative Therapy
- Dialectical Behaviour Therapy
- Motivational Interviewing.
Registrations and Professional Memberships
- Registered Counselling Psychologist
- Member NZ Psychological Society (MNZPsS)
- Committee Member of the NZ Institute of Counselling Psychology
- ACC Registered Counsellor
- Post-Graduate Diploma in Counselling Psychology
- Masters of Health Science Majoring in Psychology (First Class Honours)
- Law Degree (LLB)
Background and Experience
I started my career as a lawyer, but soon realised that I was far more interested in helping people learn the skills to build better and happier lives.
I began training as a Counselling Psychologist and have been working in that field ever since graduating. My professional experience includes working in private practice, as well as working in a community mental health setting. There, I have extensive experience in working with trauma, abuse, depression, anxiety and anger management. I have experience in working with children, adolescents, adults, families, couples and special needs adults.