Areas of Special Interest
I have an in depth understanding of mental health and what therapeutic options are available to manage the potential risk and symptoms of anxiety, depression, bipolar, schizophrenia, post-traumatic stress, suicidal ideation, personality disorders and behavioural problems.
I am a Qualified Counsellor and Registered Mental Health Nurse. I currently work at Auckland DHB and in private practice. I facilitate therapeutic conversations that support the development of understanding ourselves better. Facilitated therapeutic conversations open up space for people to be heard and guided towards different alternatives that are more aligned with what is valued and what is important to you right now. This can be achieved by identifying how we respond to change/difference. I understand the importance of working with collaborative evidence based practices to compliment how we work together in the pursuit of wellness.
I value healthy relationships and the maintenance of them as part of the therapeutic process. My goal is to facilitate therapeutic conversations that create better understandings of how you respond to change, what you want and to naturally inspire hope.
The approaches that inform my practice are:
- Acceptance and Commitment therapy
- Narrative therapy
- Brief Solution focused therapy
- Holistic Health care models
- Anger and Anxiety Management skills
- Assertive Communication tools
I value healthy relationships and the maintenance of them as part of the therapeutic process. My goal is to facilitate therapeutic conversations that create better understandings of how to respond to change, what you want and to naturally inspire hope.
Registrations and Professional Memberships
- Member of the NZ Association of Counsellors (MNZAC)
- Registered Mental Health Nurse
- Bachelor of Nursing (2002)
- Post Graduate Diploma in Counselling (2012)
Background and Experience
- Medical and Mental Health Nursing
- Dual disability - Mental health and intellectual disabilities
- Communication behaviour
- Behaviour therapy
- Group therapy
- 1:1 counselling with youth, adults - Narrative therapy
I have done a 2 day course through AK University in supervision. I would need to discuss this further with any potential supervisee as to what they would want from the relationship.