Children, adolescents, adults.
Areas of Special Interest
Individual Therapy, Skype Consultations, EAP (Stratos), Victim Support, ACC registered
We aim to provide effective treatment to individuals experiencing a range of symptoms and difficulties. These include the following:
- Mood disorders including Anxiety, Depression, Social Anxiety, Fears & Phobias, Panic Disorder, OCD, PTSD, complex trauma and Bi-Polar disorder.
- Chronic Pain - including somatoform/Somatic Disorders, Health Anxiety, Medical Conditions, Pain Conditions, Unexplained Somatic Symptoms and chronic illness.
- Sexuality and Gender issues
- Relationship issues - this can include interpersonal difficulties, dating, internet dating and how to identify and avoid dysfunctional relationships.
- Sexual Abuse and rape including Childhood Sexual Abuse (ACC registered)
- Addictions - Drugs & Alcohol, Marijuana, Porn, Gambling.
- Stress - Including work stress, change, loss or Bereavement.
- Career & Vocational Changes
Mindfulness Based Cognitive Therapy
Individual Therapy or Skype Consultations
- Cognitive-Behaviour Therapy (CBT)
- Schema Therapy
- Mindfulness based Cognitive Therapy
- Acceptance & Commitment Therapy (ACT)
- Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT)
- Solution Focussed Therapy
- Interpersonal therapy
- Psychodynamic Psychotherapy
Registrations and Professional Memberships
- Registered Psychologist
- ACC Registered Counsellor
- Victim Support Registered Counsellor
- Bachelor in Social Science (1st degree Honors)
- Certificate in Psychological Practice (Australia)
- Counselling in Addiction and Group therapy
Background and Experience
Kit has practiced in New Zealand since 2009 and is a director of Lighthouse Psychology Clinic. She has a wide range of experience having previously worked in Australia running group therapy in a Private Mental Health facility. She has trained extensively in Yalom style group based therapy. She specializes in Anxiety disorders and she brings her knowledge of neuropsychology and brain plasticity to her clinical practice. She is a supporter of the groundbreaking research on clinical Vitamins at Canterbury University and ADHD in children and mood disorders in Adults. Kit applies a holistic approach to her practice.