I offer counselling in the following areas:
I have special skills in the following areas:
- Depression and anxiety
- Self-esteem, assertiveness and anger management
- Grief and Loss
- Work-life balance
- Career uncertainty and self development
- Life transitions
- Stress and burnout
- Workplace change and challenges
- Relationships (home and work)
- Professional Supervision
I remain client-focused throughout my work, which is largely informed by Person-Centred Therapy, Solution Focused Brief Therapy, Narrative Therapy, and Cognitive Behavioural Based Therapy.
Registrations and Professional Memberships
- Member of the NZ Association of Counsellors (MNZAC)
- Bachelor of Counselling
- Graduate Diploma in Arts (Psychology)
- Bachelor of Commerce and Administration
Background and Experience
In 2007 I started working within the mental health area and in 2010 I completed my counselling training. My experience includes four years of providing family counselling with Family Works Northern, followed in 2014 by a move to tertiary counselling where I worked as a Counsellor and moved into leadership, ultimately leading the counselling service until 2021.
I have a particular skill in working with young adults, however I am also experienced at working with people from all walks of life, around a range of issues. Having been a Manager myself, I understand the challenges facing those in a leadership role and the dynamics that exist within organisations.
I provide professional supervision to:
- Clinical professionals, from a range of disciplines
- Non-clinical professionals, such as those in customer/client-facing roles, or in other roles where supervision could be helpful