Areas of Special Interest
Low mood, depression, anxiety (social anxiety, separation anxiety, OCD), bulimia nervosa, ARFID, sleep disturbances, perfectionism, stress, burnout and low self-esteem. I have a particular interest in work-related stress and developing resilience.
I am a Clinical Psychologist and am passionate about working with people to help them to develop mental wellness and resilience.
It takes courage to reach out for support, and I offer assessment, diagnosis and treatment, where we can work together to create positive change. I place an emphasis on working collaboratively in an empowering manner using evidence-based treatments including Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT), mindfulness skills and Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT). My honours degree in Human Biology allows me to bring a strong understanding of physiological processes within the body.
I work in a professional, warm, and non-judgemental way according to your goals and needs to help you to lead a fulfilling and purposeful life.
I am trained in evidence based therapy models including:
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT)
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT)
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy Enhanced (CBT-E, for eating disorders such as Bulimia Nervosa and Binge Eating Disorder)
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy for ARFID (sometimes known as extreme fussy eating)
- Motivational Interviewing
Registrations and Professional Memberships
- Registered Clinical Psychologist
- Member NZ College of Clinical Psychologists (MNZCCP)
- Doctorate of Clinical Psychology
- Bachelor of Science (Hons) in Psychology (First Class)
- Post Graduate Diploma of Science (Psychology, with Distinction)
- Bachelor of Science (Hons) in Human Biology.
Background and Experience
I currently work in private clinical practice, as well as running mental wellbeing training for businesses (www.mindtherapy.co.nz
). I also lecture on Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) at Auckland University of Technology (AUT). I previously worked at Auckland District Health Board.