Children, adolescents, families.
Areas of Special Interest
Behavioural issues, family violence, neglect and isolation, adoption, Foster Care issues, bed wetting, abuse (emotional, mental, physical and sexual), trauma, depression, anxiety, Post-Traumatic Stress / Depression, grief and loss, stress management, self-esteem.
Services Offered Children (Ages 3-12)
Children will experience a warm, safe and comfortable environment where they can off-load and have fun at the same time. The room is friendly and hosts a white board, pencils, crayons and paper – handy for drawing exercises. Two toy boxes are hidden in the room as well, just to create a fun atmosphere.
Services Offered Teenagers (Ages 12-19)
Working with teenagers can be quite different to working with young people. Teenagers do not know what to do with complex emotions and often project emotions through anger, bullying, biting nails, self-harming or even indulging suicidal thoughts and ideas. I utilise Solution Focused Therapy and Narrative Therapy – these allow me to facilitate the child, student or adult to find answers, direction and their own identity again.
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy
- Solution Focused Therapy
- Narrative Therapy
- Play Therapy
- Art Therapy
- Motivational Interviewing
- Positive Psychology
- Neuro-Linguistics Programming
- Profile Analyst - HR Profiling
- Family Therapy
- Couples Therapy
- Trauma Therapy
Registrations and Professional Memberships
- Member of the NZ Christian Counsellors Association (MNZCCA)
- Registered Neuro-Linguistics Programmer (International)
- Member International Neuro Linguistics Association (INA)
- Member International Coaches Association (ICA)
- ACC Registered Counsellor (Sensitive Claims)
- Bachelor’s of Applied Social Science (Counselling)
- Diploma Child & Adolescent Psychology
- Diploma Challenging Behaviour in Children & Young People
- Diploma in Body Language
- Master Practitioner for International Neuro Linguistics Programming
- Certified DiSC Profile Practitioner
Background and Experience
I have a corporate background and my passion for working as a counsellor started early on in my sales and marketing career. It always fascinated me, why people do the ‘things’ they do and of course, how they react to the ‘things’ they do.
My interest in psychology and counselling developed through meeting people from different countries, diverse backgrounds and ethnic groups. It fascinated me how our behaviours shape our actions, form our identities and ultimately our life stories.
I am a qualified and registered child, adolescent and family counsellor. I accept private referrals and Narratives of Life is an accredited supplier to several organisations including Instep EAP, Oranga Tamariki, WINZ, NZ Defence Force (Veterans), and NZ Fire Service.