Children, adolescents, adults, couples, families, groups.
Areas of Special Interest
Alcohol & Drug & Significant Others, Assessment, Community Treatment, Referrals & Support, Couples, Relationships, Family, Gender Diversity, Youth, ADHD/ADD, Co-dependency, Eating Disorders, Employment Issues, Grief, Anxiety Professional Supervision.
See my web site
and click on the topics for further information.
Conscious wellness - learning what that means for you; building personal strategies to enhance resilience.
CBT, Motivational Interviewing, Strengths & Solution Focused, Narrative, Reflective, Te Whare Tapa Wha.
Registrations and Professional Memberships
- Registered Practitioner of the Drug and Alcohol Practitioners Association of Aotearoa-New Zealand (DAPAANZ)
- Accredited Clinical Supervisor to the Drug and Alcohol Practitioners Association of Aotearoa-New Zealand (DAPAANZ)
- Post Graduate Certificate Professional Supervision
- Bachelor Alcohol & Drug Studies
- Certificate in Youth Work
- Group Crisis Intervention with Al - Critical Incident Stress Management (CIMA) - 2018
Background and Experience
Seven Years experience at Salvation Army Bridge Residential Programme - working with moderate to severe substance misuse - with complex co-existing mental health issues and significant others.
I have worked as a one to one counsellor within the residential setting and harm reduction community care. I also was the Intake Co-ordinator and Clinical Team Leader. I am also experienced in group facilitation and family systems/relationships.
Vitae EAP Counsellor and Professional Supervision.
I have a strong knowledge of mental health, agencies and your rights.
I use the reflective model of Supervision, with Strengths and Solution Focus. My training at Auckland University enables multi-disciplinary Supervision skills.