Adolescents (16+), adults.
Areas of Special Interest
Trauma, anxiety, low mood/depression, elevated mood/mania, overwhelming emotions, grief, sleep difficulties, relationship challenges, perfectionism, work stress and burnout.
I provide a holistic approach to psychological therapy and work collaboratively with my clients to help create meaningful change. I believe a strong therapeutic relationship is the key to effective therapy. I aim to create a warm, non-judgemental environment in which you feel safe to discuss and make sense of your experiences. There will be times when I will ask you to practice or reflect on things in between appointments, so I can more effectively help you make changes outside of the therapy room. Our work together may include:
- Helping you to understand yourself and your challenges in new ways;
- Identifying and shifting patterns of behaving and thinking that are contributing to the problem or keeping you stuck;
- Developing new skills to cope with overwhelming emotions and unhelpful thoughts;
- Learning how to relate to yourself and others differently, and;
- Developing new problem solving skills.
I take an integrated approach to therapy that is tailored to my clients' individual needs and goals. I have been trained in, and draw from, a number of therapy modalities in my practice, including:
- Acceptance Commitment Therapy (ACT)
- Compassion Focused Therapy (CFT)
- Cognitive Analytic Therapy (CAT)
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT)
- Dialectical Behaviour Therapy (DBT)
Registrations and Professional Memberships
- Registered Clinical Psychologist
- Associate Member of the NZ College of Clinical Psychologists
- Member of the Association of Contextual and Behavioral Science
- ACC Registered Counsellor (Sensitive Claims)
- Doctorate of Clinical Psychology
- Bachelor of Science (Hons) in Psychology (First Class)
- Graduate Diploma of Science (Psychology)
- Graduate Diploma of Arts (Political Science)
- Bachelor of Arts (Communications)
Background and Experience
In addition to my private practice, I work for the Auckland District Health Board providing psychological assessment and therapy for adolescents and adults with moderate to severe mental health difficulties.