Areas of Special Interest
I can support with the following areas: anxiety, depression/low mood, lack of motivation, stress and burnout, relationship difficulties, sexual trauma, anger management, adjustment difficulties, personal growth, and problematic behaviours.
My therapeutic support helps clients overcome life problems by helping them move forward, with self-compassion, in a valued direction that provides them with meaning and purpose. Where needed, I help clients develop insight into their concerns and/or skills and techniques to make positive changes in their lives.
I use a range of therapy models that are evidence-based and aim to support positive change.
I incorporate concepts and techniques from the following:
- Cognitive Behaviour Therapy (CBT)
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT)
- Schema Therapy (ST)
- Dialectical Behaviour Therapy (DBT) skills
- Motivational Interviewing
Registrations and Professional Memberships
- Registered Psychologist
- Member NZ Psychological Society (MNZPsS)
- ACC Registered Counsellor
- Bachelor of Science (Honours) in Psychology
- Masters of Science in Work and Organisational Psychology
- Masters of Science in Applied Forensic Psychology
- Diploma in Forensic Psychology
Background and Experience
I have been working for over 9 years as a registered psychologist and a total of 17 years in psychology. I have worked both in the United Kingdom and New Zealand in large Government organisations and in private practice in New Zealand. I am experienced in both short- and long-term therapy, as well as assessments.
Please see my website
for further information.