Children, adolescents, adults, couples, families.
Areas of Special Interest
I specialize in anxiety, depression, and couple work. I enjoy assisting clients in unpacking the core of their struggles, and providing and coaching them with new tools to cope more effectively.
- Strengthen your sense of self, so you are less self-critical, and more self-accepting
- More accepting of your feelings and less affected by emotional disturbances, eg. depression, anxiety, fear, guilt and anger
- Improve your communications and relationships, whether it is with your family, the other half, friends or people at work
- Discover the unconscious, the blocks, and make sense of your past, so you can heal and live more effectively in the present
- Overcome your fear to make positive changes in life
I focus a lot on self work. I help clients become more aware of their emotions, thoughts and patterns, and more accepting of selves.
I also emphasize relationships, which I believe goes hand in hand with sense of self. I help clients improve their relationships through more healthy ways to relate and communicate.
I teach and coach practical tools to help cope with challenges, personal or interpersonal.
I use drawing and sandtray to facilitate exploration with the unconscious, which is powerful in helping clients unstuck.
Clients describe me as "empathetic, nonjudgmental, patient, sensitive, insightful and knowledgeable". I draw from a variety of methods to best serve an individual's unique needs, background, situation, and style.
Registrations and Professional Memberships
- Member, Registered with NZ Association of Counsellors (MNZAC)
- Bachelor in Law
- Honours in Psychology (Auckland University)
- Master in Counselling, First Class Honours (Auckland University)
Background and Experience
I am in my 40's with two children. Having spent nearly half of my life in NZ and married to a Kiwi, I relate very well to non-Chinese. In fact, most of my clients have been from cultures other than China.
I am currently working for a community agency and a Private Girls Secondary School. Prior to this I worked in school and University counselling practice. I have helped a lot of individuals with depression and anxiety.
I am also experienced and skilled with couples. I enjoy seeing them grow individually and as couples. A previous couple wrote to me, "You are a phenomenal counsellor. We are so thankful that you have helped us build a healthy foundation for our lives and our life together“.