Children, adolescents, adults.
I have expertise in working with anxiety, trauma, moods disorders that affect children, young people and adults' well being, assertiveness/self esteem, parenting issues, parental separation affecting children, depressive disorders, domestic violence, and behavioural issues. I work with children (in partnership with their parents), adolescents and adults.
I use a mixture of approaches in therapy work including Cognitive Behavioural Therapy, EMDR, psycho education, Interactive Drawing Therapy and some mindfulness/ACT skills.
I use primarily a cognitive behavioural approach but I have also trained in applied counselling approaches, EMDR (children and adolescents, adults) and Interactive Drawing Therapy.
Registrations and Professional Memberships
- Registered Psychologist
- Member NZ Psychological Society (MNZPsS)
- Bachelor of social science (Psychology)
- Master in Psychology
- Post Graduate Diploma in Child and Adolescent Psychology
- Post Graduate Diploma in Psychological Practice
Background and Experience
- Counsellor working with women and children at women's refuge for 7 years
- Private practice for the last 5 years