Adolescents, adults, groups.
Areas of Special Interest
Depression, Anxiety, Obsessive-Compulsive Disorders (OCDs), and stress or psychological trauma related issues. Concerns of ethnic minority and immigrants. LGBT wellbeing. Forensic psychology.
Perhaps you're down or anxious - maybe you're unsure about the future of a relationship, or just feel that you aren't living the life you were meant to lead. Whatever your needs may be, I am here to offer support. Therapy is a process of growth and self-discovery, and in my sessions I promote behavioral transformation by encouraging a positive outlook and the adoption of new attitudes and reactions. I have the tools and professional experience to help you get back on track.
I can support you with:
- Depression: low or unstable moods; feelings of low self-worth, helplessness; sadness; lack of motivation; psychological trauma, or grief and loss
- Anxiety: Social phobia; generalised anxiety; health anxiety; perfectionistic thinking; panic attacks; specific phobias
- Obsessive & Compulsive Tendencies (OCD): Intrusive and unwanted thoughts; repetitive or ritualistic behaviour; excessive consciousness or uncontrollable guilt
- Developmental & Identity Struggles: Self-identity; youth psychological development; cultural, gender and/or sexual minority concerns; Migrant and ethnic minority mental wellbeing
- ACC Integrated Services for Sensitive Claims: I deliver treatment to survivors of sexual and/or mental trauma with the support of ACC.
江思穎是在紐西蘭註冊合格的臨床心理師，具有奧克蘭大學博士學位。過去曾在美國加州的帕羅奧圖大學就讀臨床心理學，並在台灣，美國，和紐西蘭各種類型的臨床院所工作，例如精神科醫院、社區心理衛生中心、大學諮商中心，物質濫用治療所， 與焦慮症診所。我的主要治療取向為認知行為治療，同時也參考了心理動力學派的觀點。我可以用中文 (普通話)和英文提供服務。在閒暇之餘，我享受與家人朋友相聚的時光，音樂，各種運動與戶外活動和旅行。
I provide personalised care and guidance using an eclectic therapeutic approach that primarily includes mindfulness- based Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) with a take on psychodynamic perspective. I can provide services in English and Mandarin.
Registrations and Professional Memberships
- Registered Clinical Psychologist
- Doctor of Philosophy (University of Auckland)
- Master of Sciences (Palo Alto University, California)
Background and Experience
I am a clinical psychologist registered in New Zealand, Australia, and Taiwan.
I recently completed a PhD in the Department of Psychological Medicine at the University of Auckland. My PhD work focused on youth mental health and psychological therapy. Previously I trained in clinical psychology at Palo Alto University, California.
I have worked in a wide range of clinical settings including correctional facility, psychiatric hospitals, community mental health centres, university counselling centres, and substance abuse treatment programmes.