Children, adolescents, adults, couples, families.
Areas of Special Interest
Anxiety & Depression. Trauma. Parenting / Parent-Child Relationships. Developmental Disorders: Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD), Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD) and other developmental disorders.
Reaching Potential Psychology are a friendly team of non-judgmental psychologists offering long term support in both English and Chinese (Mandarin).
Our psychologists are NZ registered with years of experience working in government agencies and private organisations.
Privacy is very important to us and you can be rest assured that what you share with us during therapy sessions will be confidential.
- Positive Behaviour Support (PBS)
- Parent-Child Interaction Therapy (PCIT)
- Dialectical Behaviour Therapy (DBT)
- Trauma-Focused Cognitive Behaviour Therapy (TF-CBT)
Registrations and Professional Memberships
- Postgraduate Diploma in the Practice of Psychology (University of Waikato)
- Master of Applied Psychology (First Class Honours) (University of Waikato)
- Graduate Diploma in Secondary School Teaching (Victoria University of Wellington)
- Bachelor of Music (Massey University, Wellington)
Background and Experience
I came to New Zealand from China on my own as an adolescent and have lived, studied and worked in New Zealand for about 20 years. I understand the ups and downs of living a life in a new country.
Previously, I worked as a Registered Teacher in Masterton. Through my employment as a Registered Psychologist, I have worked alongside children, young people, adults and families in government and non-government organisations.
My areas of interest include: trauma, depression, anxiety, parenting, parent-child relationship, Autism, psychological assessment and therapies.