Women "Living Free From Abuse" Programme
Do you feel like you're walking on eggshells?
Are you often convinced you're going crazy?
Does it feel like this relationship is all about them?
Are you isolated and afraid?
This is a group programme for women who are currently, or have previously been, in an abusive relationship and who want support to make positive choices, heal, and move on to a life free from abuse.
Attending this safe and confidential course will help you rebuild your self-esteem and confidence by helping you to:
- understand family/domestic violence and abuse, and its effects on you and your children
- understand the cycle of abuse
- understand power and control issues in relationships, and how to change them
- learn about healthy relating and how to move towards equality
- learn about the myths and stereotypes about family violence and abuse
- develop ways to improve your self-care and personal boundaries
- develop anger management skills
Orewa, Warkworth, and Helensville.
2.5 hours per week over 12 weeks
various times throughout the year, contact the office for next course date
a crèche may be provided
free for women with a Protection Order, otherwise $60 (negotiable depending on circumstances)