My counselling philosophy
I believe that you have the strength and ability to overcome any issue that you face. In a counselling session you are met as yourself without judgement or criticism.
We work in partnership, with confidentiality, to set and reach your life goals. You are in control. My job is to give you space, time and a safe place to express your true self.
- Bachelors in Health Science (Psychology)
- Graduate Diploma in Psycho-social Studies (now called Graduate Diploma in Psychotherapy)
- Diploma in Advanced Hypnotherapy
- Registered Practitioner Member of the Drug and Alcohol Practitioners Association of Aotearoa-New Zealand (DAPAANZ)
- Provisional Member of the New Zealand Association of Counsellors (NZAC)
- To be a member of these associations regular supervision and ongoing training is needed. This keeps my counselling practice up to date, relevant, within ethical boundaries.
Working with Addiction:
I have worked in the field of addictions for over 16 years, 6 years via telephone counselling and 10 years of face to face counselling and group work.
I specialise in controlled use, harm reduction and abstinence. We work together to set a goal and treatment plan that you are comfortable with.
$150 for a 50 minute session