Parent Help Counselling Services offers professional and affordable counselling. Our counsellors have specialist skills and experience in working with children, adolescents, adults and their whānau.
Areas of Special Interest
- family problems
- parent and child relationships
- personal issues
- blended and step family relationships
- supporting children and teenagers
- grief and loss
- gender identity issues
- personal growth
What is counselling?
Parent Help counsellors have specialist skills and experience in working with children, adolescents, adults and their whānau.
The counselling work may involve:
- exploring emotions, thoughts and behaviour
- becoming more aware of yourself, your values and what motivates you
- planning and setting goals
- improving your relationships
- reducing your stress
- doing things differently to bring about change in your life
- learning alternative parenting strategies
- exploring new ways of interacting with your child to improve your
You can expect the counsellor to:
- be trustworthy
- respect your confidentiality
- listen to you carefully and sensitively
- discuss issues that are relevant and preferable to you
- support you in making the changes you choose
Please see our website for more information about our counsellors.
Our counsellors will draw from a range of counselling approaches depending on your individual needs, including:
- client centred counselling
- strengths based counselling
- solutions focused counselling
- narrative therapy
- Neurolinguistic Programming (NLP)
- psychodynamic therapy
- mindfulness-based cognitive therapy
- family systems therapy
- Interactive Drawing Therapy
- sand play therapy
Parent Help has been providing support to parents and individuals since 1989. We are a charity supporting parents/whānau build strong and resilient families.