Two Day Training in Imago Relationship Therapy
Presenter: Brenda Rawlings
About the training:
Revolutionise your work with couples. Relationship work can be dynamic, stimulating and highly effective using the structured processes inherent in Imago. Experience the depth and beauty of this work in creating connection between couples. The aim of this training is to improve your effectiveness in working with couples. Imago Relationship Therapy (IRT) is a coherent, comprehensive and dynamic theory and practice, offering an effective, research-based method for working with couples. Learn how to offer couples systematic, structured support to transform painful dynamics, create safety and connection, and increase passion, whilst guiding them toward greater understanding of their attachment and other developmental needs. There is an option, following this Two Day Training to participate in further training to become a Certified Imago Therapist.
How Will You Benefit?
- Gain an overview of the theory and practice of Imago Relationship Therapy, including demonstration and practice of Imago Dialogue.
- Learn clear steps for relationship repair.
- Coach attuned, connectional experiences for couples
- Enable couples to understand their journey from romantic love through to disconnection, frustration and conflict, and to restore connection, passion and hope.
- Gain in-depth understanding of relationship dynamics from both an attachment and developmental perspective.
- Incorporate developments in clinical research and neuroscience into your work with couples
- Learn how to hold couples safely in processes which offer them the opportunity and capacity to make sense of their negative interactional cycles.
(MNZAC) Clinical Instructor, Imago International Institute. Learn with one of New Zealand’s leading relationship experts. Brenda has been specialising in working with couples since 1998 and she presents Imago Clinical Training for Psychologists, Psychotherapists and Counsellors in both New Zealand and Australia. Her trainings have also been well received internationally. She was Dean of the Imago International Institute (USA) from 2012 to 2017 and recipient of the Harville Hendrix Award for Clinical Excellence. She has also participated in trainings in most major couples modalities and brings this expertise into this dynamic two day training.