Introduction to Emotionally Focused Couples Therapy
Presenter: Heike McCahon
This 2-day Intro to EFT workshop will help therapists work much more effectively with their couples. Emotionally Focused Therapy (EFT) for Couples:
What you will learn in the workshop:
- is a short term, focused treatment that blends family systems and experiential approaches to therapy with attachment theory
- has strong empirical evidence for positive client outcomes
- reflects the most recent research on the nature of relationship distress, of adult love, and of emotion
- s at the leading/emergent edge of relationship therapy internationally.
- A clear roadmap of the steps and stages of EFT couples counselling
- Strategies to repair a distressed relationship
- Understanding relationship distress through an attachment lens
- Key interventions which will help heal couples in your clinical practice
- Slowing distressed couples down to create safety in a session
- Giving hope by helping partners gain insight into their distressing negative cycle of interaction
- Creating moments of connection for a couple - the antidote to stress and disconnection
M.A, Dip.Teaching Dip.Counselling, (MNZAC, ICEEFT) has been a therapist and tutor for 30 years and has great passion working with couples. Heike is an Emotionally Focused Therapy Certified Therapist and Supervisor, living in Christchurch.