Counselling & Coaching Services
Sherine Mettini is a professional counsellor and life-coach who can help you sort through the issues challenging you and collaboratively find solutions. She has extensive experience in successfully counselling, supporting, and motivating people to overcome personal challenges, and achieve their goals.
Sherine offers a range of counselling including support for:
- relationships problems
- anxiety and depression
- grief and loss
- personal growth
- workplace issues
- autism / aspergers spectrum disorders (ASD)
- family break up and blended families
- children's behaviour issues, anxiety, anger, bullying and Autism
- ACC Registered (Sensitive Claims)
Sherine's counselling/coaching approach assures you of:
- a safe place to explore your stressful thoughts and feelings
- a non-judgemental environment
- respect and acceptance
- a gentle inquisitive attitude
- the opportunity to work at your own pace
Counselling for People with Autism/Aspergers
Sherrine offers a full range of counselling services for people with an Autism/Aspergers Spectrum Disorder (ASD), including:
- development of language and communication
- development of social skills
- effective use of imagination
- transition to school, university and the workplace
- support, self care, and managing skills for family members
- education for schools, businesses, and organisations
I use proven methods that help people with Autism/Aspergers to understand their day to day challenges, and together we will work out solutions and strategies to manage and cope with day to day living. Through this process, they are able to develop an understanding and make sense of their relationships with other people in their life.
Help for Families
I have acute empathy for families dealing with the diagnosis of an Autism/Aspergers Spectrum Disorder, and offer support and counselling in dealing with issues of behaviour, anxiety, and the affect of having a child with ASD on relationships. As a mother of a child with Autism I have a first-hand understanding of what families need, and want, from a counsellor. I know what works, and what doesn’t work.
Help for Schools, Employers, Organisations
I am available to work with schools and organisations to educate staff about Autism Spectrum Disorders, help them to understand the behaviour of an ASD child, and provide ongoing support and behaviour modifications solutions. Through my work with these groups, I aim to help people have a better understanding and lose the fear of ASD people, to help pave the way for a safe entry into schools and the workforce for people with an Autism Spectrum Disorder.