Children, adolescents, adults.
Areas of Special Interest
Anxiety, trauma, depression, grief and loss, relationship, intimacy, abuse or neglect, dissociative disorder, personal development and supervision.
An experienced expressive arts therapist and psychotherapist, I have developed over the years an integrative approach to work alongside individuals by creating a trusting relationship that respects their spiritual, physical, social, creative, and cognitive facets. I welcome the work with children, adolescent, adults and families from all culture, ethnicity, gender and identity.
A warm and intuitive person, I address issues holistically, respecting individual needs and pace, helping explore emotions, thoughts, and belief in a safe, non-judgmental, and confidential environment. The creative process can facilitate access to sensations, memories, or images that might be difficult to reach with the analytic mind. Sometimes words are not enough or are too limited to express our inner world.
As the process unfolds clients usually notice an increase in self-awareness and self-esteem, a better connection with their own inner strength and authenticity, healing of past experience and improvement of coping skills to face life stresses and challenges. Ultimately they can find a sense of well-being and sensory enjoyment and a restored connection to the flow of life.
I provide Psychotherapy and Art therapy services, brief, medium to long term.
I have qualifications and experience (over 15 years) in psychodynamic psychotherapy, psychosomatic integration, multimodal expressive arts therapy, mindfulness, integrative gestalt, (remove DBT,) dream work and sandplay therapy. I have also trained in yoga, music, dance, drama, creative writing and visual arts.
I am committed to ongoing professional development and work within the professional Code of Ethics of NZAP and ANZACATA.
Registrations and Professional Memberships
- Registered Arts Therapist (AThR)
- Registered Psychotherapist
- Professional Member of Australian, New Zealand and Asian Creative Arts Therapies Association (ANZACATA)
- Provisional Member NZ Association of Psychotherapists (ProvMNZAP)
- Clinical Member of New Zealand Association of Family Therapy (NZAFT)
- Associate Member of Waka Oranga (National Collective of Maori Psychotherapy Practitioners)
- ACC Registered Counsellor
- Post Graduate Diploma in Health Science (Expressive Therapies)
- Certificate of Competency in Psychosomatic Integration Treatment
- Certificate in Sand Play Therapy and Symbol Work
- Certificate of Proficiency in Health Research
- Certificate of Proficiency in Te Tiriti ō Waitangi
- Certificate in Family Therapy
- Bachelor of Arts (Communications and Public Relations)
Background and Experience
I was educated in France, in French and European philosophical and analytical traditions. This forms the background to my approach to psychodynamic psychotherapy. My extensive training and experience in dream work, multimodal arts therapy and sandplay therapy and symbol work can provide opportunities for client/patients to work more clearly with projection, unconscious process and with externalisation of situations. From further training, and experience of somatic therapy with trauma, I have developed greater awareness of the physical sensations experienced by clients as they work through trauma experiences and the consequences of these on their present life.
A published author, I have presented my research in international conferences and participated in group art exhibitions.
Clinical Supervision for health professionals with a particular interest in ethical issues.