Areas of Special Interest
CBT, Dreamwork, NLP, EMDR, narrative, equine psychotherapy, brain science, Rock and Water, etc. After many years of practice and research (ongoing), I have enough tools to be able to tailor an approach based on the client's perspectives and desires.
I am willing to help and support people in their journey to feeling better and getting a fair amount of happiness in their lives. I have read many books and studied a lot about these matters, I also have met many people on the journey, and have collected their successes and strategies, which I am willing to share.
However, I cannot work on my own and will require teamwork from clients. If appropriate we can engage family members and support people to help out, and I can provide homework to accelerate the process.
In our first hui we will determine together what are the issues we want to deal with and what strategies we will employ. I will provide a contract that underlines with great precision the areas of work that I can provide, and the limitations, as well as the confidentiality of our collaboration. We will review together regularly and make sure we are on the right track. It is my hope that the work will be finished when our goals are achieved.
Registrations and Professional Memberships
- DESS (level 9 doctorate) completed in France in 1990.
Background and Experience
- Prison with young men for short sentences or prior to sentencing (1984-86)
- Drug addicts in hospital settings and detox (1986-88)
- Psychiatric services (1988-90)
- Social welfare home for children in France (1990-96)
- Handicap international expatriate (Angola, Sierra Leone, Bosnia) (1996-98)
- Refugees as survivors (1999-2001)
- Raising my children
- Children and adolescent mental health at "Te Korowai" (2009-2016)
- Free lance since 2017
Individual supervision for counsellors, mental health workers and psychologists in the clinical field.