Children, adolescents, adults, couples, families, groups.
Areas of Special Interest
I work with children, teens, and adults of all ages, backgrounds, and cultures. Some of the areas that I have experience in include crisis, trauma, anxiety, depression, supporting intimate and family relationships, personal identity, and more.
We often make decisions based on information and outcomes from the past, some positive, and some negative. Life throws many curve balls, and working out how to deal with them can be challenging. Analysing the thinking process can provide a great deal of insight and options, and my role is to ensure that you can do this in an accepting, confidential, and encouraging environment.
Or join me for a mix of all three support services on a 'walk and talk' experience.
Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT), Dialectical Behavioural Therapy (DBT), Narrative Therapy, Person-Centered, Humanistic Psychology, Neuro-psychotherapy, Solution-focused Therapy, Emotion-focused Therapy (EFT), and more.
Registrations and Professional Memberships
- Registered with the NZ Association of Counsellors (MNZAC)
- Standard Member of Drug and Alcohol Practitioners’ Association Aotearoa NZ (DAPAANZ)
- Bachelor of Arts (Psychology) - University of Auckland
- Graduate Diploma of Counselling - The Australian College of Applied Psychology
- Diploma of Professional Coaching - Southern Institute of Technology
- Certificate in Personal Training - Fit Nation (Fitness Institute of Australia)
Background and Experience
Jun 2013 - Current: Counsellor at the Salvation Army, Royal Oak Community Ministries
Apr 2016 - Current: Crisis Support Counselor at Help Foundation, Auckland.