Children, adolescents, adults, groups.
Areas of Special Interest
Art Therapy , Hakomi Mindful Somatic Psychotherapy.
Art Therapy is for people who would like to explore their inner world using their creativity. Art Therapy uses colour, form, story and metaphor. The creation of artworks provides you with an effective tool for sharing who you are and who you want to become. In art therapy you are in charge of the content and pace of the process. Art Therapy can also employ therapeutic art interventions led by the art therapist. No previous experience in art is expected or necessary.
As result of Art Therapy sessions changes can be expected, such as:
- Improved mood and emotional well-being.
- Improvement in self-esteem.
- Decreased anxiety levels.
- Coming to terms with loss.
- New positive behavioural patterns.
- Reduction/ alleviation of symptoms related to trauma.
- Improved range of motor skills and perception.
- Increased artistic ability.
- Acceptance of ones own biography.
Art materials available are : water colours, chalk pastels , oil pastels, clay, coloured and graphite pencils, charcoal and more.
Art Therapy in a one to one setting creates a trusting relationship, resulting in you being able to experience emotional growth. Art Therapy is relevant and can be tailored for people of all ages.
Hakomi Somatic Mindful Psychotherapy is for people who are curious about who they are and who they might want to become. It is also called "assisted self study". In Hakomi Therapy you are helped to become mindful, so that you can observe your body, your sensations, your emotions, inner images and memories.
- You are met with kindness and accepted just as you are in the present moment.
- We discover the patterns that determine how you engage with life. Allowing healing to unfold.
- It is conducted at your own pace. We trust the wisdom of your own growth process.
- We acknowledge the interconnectedness of all living things.
Eva combines Art Therapy and Hakomi therapy. They complement each other and are accumulative in their effectiveness.
Registrations and Professional Memberships
- Registered Creative Arts Therapist, AThR
- Professional Member of the Australian, New Zealand and Asian Arts Therapy Association (MANZACATA)
- Bachelor of Arts with Honours: Fine Art Textiles
- Post Graduate Diploma in Art Therapy
- Graduate Hakomi Mindful Somatic Psychotherapy
Background and Experience
Eva has been seeing individual children and adults in private Art Therapy practice for the last 3 years. With children she has experience in addressing ADHD, emotional difficulties due to grief or parental separation, as well as behaviour difficulties and other life issues. Eva consults and works with the family of the children she sees. She has worked with adults suffering from the effects of separation, grief, family violence, trauma, and other life issues. Eva has worked with children and adults with a vast range of learning disabilities of varying severity for 26 years both as a carer and an art therapist.
She has conducted art groups for adults and children, mostly focusing on self exploration, for the last 30 years.