Areas of Special Interest
Relationships, grief and loss; managing change; couple counselling; depression; parenting; recovery from childhood trauma; EMDR; building potential. I also offer professional supervision to other therapists and community workers.
Working with me in a therapeutic relationship can open up new ways of seeing things and deepen your understanding of how to survive and make use of your internal resources. Regular therapy can help you make sense of the changes and challenges in your life.
Using creative processes we will explore issues together to address obstacles. This will help you realise more of your potential. Be the best you can be.
Therapy will help you:
- Manage intense emotions
- Acknowledge your strengths and lessen your struggle
- Build strategies to manage hurdles
- Unravel unhelpful life patterns
- Have insight into your history
- Reduce trauma
- Improve concentration
- Have more pleasure in your life.
I have been a therapist for 28 years. Because I have training in a wide range of therapeutic models I have a wealth of knowledge And experience to draw on. I work intuitively with you, responding moment to moment to issues that arise.I use myself as a resource to meet you in an intimate connection.
I use a number of creative approaches including: strengths based therapy; art & journal therapy; sand tray work; EMDR; person-centred therapy; dream work and other processes. If you would like to talk with me about how I work you are welcome to call to discuss my methods.
Registrations and Professional Memberships
- Registered Psychotherapist
- Member of NZ Association of Psychotherapists (MNZAC)
- ACC Registered Counsellor
- Victim Support Registered Counsellor
- Diploma Gestalt Psychotherapy
- Trained Teachers Certificate
- Certificate in Social and Community Work (Massey)
- Certificate Supervision (ICT)
Background and Experience
I have been working as a counsellor of 28 years. I have worked as a Family Court counsellor, a behavioural specialist; undertaken ACC work; supervised other counsellors; worked in a private practice for 24 years (part time, and now fulltime). Working with a wide range of clients from all ages. I have worked in Community agencies and Government bodies. I have also completed Bioenergetics training.
I offer supervision to other counsellors as well as those working in NGOs.