Areas of Special Interest
Anxiety, depression, stress, trauma, sexual abuse, self-esteem, confidence, anger, life changes, court referrals, finding purpose.
I offer confidential counselling and therapy in the Waikato region, in person and via Skype/Telephone.
When you come and see me we will work towards
- Discovering the roots to what isn't working in your life,
- Identifying the negative patterns that are repeating,
- Refocusing energy and attention on supportive behaviours,
- Strengthening your supports and find a few you may not realise you have,
- Nourishing the new behaviours, and be seen in a new way.
Through this work my clients notice that their self esteem increases and their self confidence increases. And we notice together that people are able to start to let go of things in their past which are holding them back.
I work predominantly from a psychosynthesis perspective. That is, the counselling includes all of who you are, mind, body, feelings and spirit. No matter what faith (if any) you believe in. The work is gentle and yet powerful. It strengthens not only the individual, but the relationships around the individual as well. I also pull in techniques from Gestalt psychotherapy, Dreamwork, and Systemic Family Constellation work. When I work with people I use tools that suit the individual I am working with, as one therapeutic method may not suit all people.
Registrations and Professional Memberships
- Member of the NZ Association of Counsellors (MNZAC)
- Registered Psychotherapist (PBANZ)
- Registered ACC Sensitive Claims Provider
- Diploma in Psychosynthesis Psychotherapy
- Diploma in Psychosynthesis Counselling
- Certificate in Counselling
- Bachelor of Science
Background and Experience
I have worked with people for many years, starting with telephone counselling for both Youthline and then Lifeline. I trained in face to face counselling in 1997 through the Wintech in Hamilton, and have done training in Gestalt psychotherapy and completed a diploma in Psychosynthesis Counselling. Also I have had training in Systemic Family Constellation work, Art Therapy, and Therapeutic Breathwork. I have recently completed Psychotherapy training through the Institute of Psychosynthesis NZ. It is personally important to me to keep growing my skills and improving the work that I do.
Life doesn't stop changing so I endeavour to grow and change both personally and professionally too.