Adolescents, adults, couples.
Areas of Special Interest
Relationship / intimacy issues, grief and loss, sex and sexuality concerns, gender and transition, Anxiety and depression, life transitions, addictive / problematic behaviours, living with HIV / chronic illness, spiritual self development.
Hi, I'm Lyndon Moore, a fully registered counsellor with NZAC with broad experience in helping others to find a pathway through difficult life issues or circumstances they may be facing.
Of course we all face struggles at different times in our lives and this is part of our human experience. However sometimes we feel powerless and unable to move forward to reclaim a sense of happiness, balance, and well – being in life and in our relationships with others.
Perhaps these are long term issues or there has been a crisis that feels overwhelming? Old ways of coping may not work for us anymore and they can block the path for true enjoyment and expression of feeling. We are all different and our deeper issues are often too private and personal to share with others and this is when taking the step of seeking professional help may become necessary.
My focus is to support you in gaining practical skills and strategies that enable you respond with intention rather than repeating patterns that are not working. You can learn to observe and reflect with purpose rather than getting stuck, and so create new ways of being in the world.
I will provide a counselling space that is confidential, non-judgemental, and always safe.
- Counselling can be about a specific issue or a more general feeling. Sometimes the real source of our pain is not in our immediate awareness and becomes visible as we explore our deeper thoughts and feelings.
- Counselling can be about creating change in your life or perhaps learning to accept something that is unchangeable.
- Counselling can be about creating or re-discovering meaning in life, to foster change that will endure.
My work is informed by Person-Centered Theory, Cognitive-Behavioural Therapy (CBT), Existential, and Mindfulness practice.
Registrations and Professional Memberships
- Member of the NZ Association of Counsellors (MNZAC)
- ACC Registered Counsellor - sexual abuse
As a NZAC approved Supervisor I can offer supervision for students and counsellors. I am happy to discuss your supervision needs with you.