Adolescents, adults, couples, groups.
Areas of Special Interest
I understand that being well in the everyday activities of life is where wellbeing and self-satisfaction also provides the impetus we need to succeed in other areas of our lives.
Treatment areas include,
- Wellness Coaching
- Personal Development
- Women's & Men's health
- Adolescent health
- Managing Stress
- Grief and Loss
- Trauma and PTSD
- Mental symptoms related to other health issues
- other Mental Health needs
Therapy approaches are,
- Positive Psychology
- Rational Emotive Behaviour Therapy
- Acceptance Commitment Therapy (ACT)
Supervision services for,
- Registered Arts Therapists
- Registered Nurses with a practice interest in psychological counselling
- other Registered Healthcare Practitioners
A creative mindful approach for life and wellness coaching is suitable for youth and adults, "to locate and manifest what it is that 'you really need and want to have in your life'". This is inclusive of psychological education.
There is at least two parts for a therapeutic process of change. Part one is the beginning place and the second part is about the work that you need to do, to get to where you would like to be. The experiential and conversational content of the counselling process assists the integration of new knowledge. This is a person-centred treatment process to meet your specific needs.
My approach integrates the Arts-in-Psychotherapy, MindBody and other psychological counselling approaches for a integrative outcome of health and wellbeing.
Registrations and Professional Memberships
- Professional Member of the Australia New Zealand Arts Therapy Association (MANZATA)
- Registered Comprehensive Nurse (1986)
- New Zealand Nursing Council and the New Zealand Nurses Organisation (NZNO)
- Registered Arts Therapist
- ACC Registered Counsellor
- Master of Arts (Arts Therapy Clinical, 1st Hons) 2008
- Postgraduate Diploma Specialist entry Mental Health Nursing 1998
Background and Experience
Registered Arts Therapist AThR with postgraduate specialisation in MindBody & Psychotherapy, and a Registered Nurse NZRN, with a postgraduate specialist mental healthcare practice.
A specialised clinical supervision is available for practitioners of the Arts in Psychotherapy, who have an interest in the visual arts and intermodal processes that integrate creative movement & dance and a therapeutic content of dramatic play.
Other supervision is also available, this includes other healthcare professionals who are developing a holistic approach with a psychological content in their treatment approach.