Adolescent boys, adults, couples, families, groups.
Areas of Special Interest
Men's work & relationship difficulties related to male health & wellbeing including depression, anxiety, self-esteem. Unwanted, compulsive and /or harmful sexual behaviour issues in men and adolescents. Treatment of sexual offending behaviour
Sometimes we all need the space to take time out to reflect on what's going on with us; or to talk to someone outside our immediate family and friends, a trained and experienced professional, who can assist us to think and feel deeper into our life, work and relationships.
As we do this we begin to feel more human, more in balance and more able to warm up to our own spontaneity, vitality and creativity in response to what is required- be it coming to some resolutions, developing or strengthening aspects of ourselves, moving forward, or 'leaning into' our lives in a more dynamic or committed way.
Therapy assists in clarifying the underlying needs, wishes, and values through which we live our lives. In so doing we widen our perspective and begin to experience and appreciate new understandings and insights into ourselves and often begin to feel more at ease and more alive in our own skin. This is often called 'change' or 'personal development' and often experienced as greater freedom.
If this sounds like something important for you right now give me a call
I have a warm, positive and affirmative approach designed to work with clients at their own pace in either short term or long term work. I take a collaborative, systems-oriented and relational approach to my therapy work with a strong belief in the creative genius present in all people to find their own solutions to their particular challenges.
Registrations and Professional Memberships
- Registered Psychotherapist
- Member of the NZ Association of Psychotherapists (MNZAP)
- Member Australian & Aotearoa New Zealand Psychodrama Association (AANZPA)
- Member Australia New Zealand Association for the Treatment of Sexual Abuse
- Member New Zealand Association of Family Therapy
- Certificated Psychodramatist (AANZPA)
- Post-Graduate Certificate in Advanced Psychotherapy Practice (Group Psychotherapy) -AUT
- Post-Graduate Certificate in Advanced Psychotherapy Practice (Clinical Supervision)-AUT
- Diploma in Acting & Theatre (John Bolton School of Theatre- Melbourne, Australia)
- Post Graduate Diploma of Drama- Auckland University
- Bachelor of Arts (Political Science)
Background and Experience
- 14 years in full-time work in a well known Auckland therapy agency providing individual, family and group therapy to men and boys.
- 3 years working in Forensic Mental Health at WDHB Mason Clinic.
- 9 years in private practice with a generalist and forensic specialist approach including providing court required assessment reports and treatment.
- Professional and clinical supervision and one-off consultations available for counsellors, social workers, mental health workers, and any human service or front line workers.
- Specialist group therapy and group work supervision.
- Specialist group supervision and team supervision services to health-based organisations.
- Specialist one-off consultation and supervision to counsellors and psychotherapists working with a client's sexual offending issues.