Adolescents, adults, couples, groups.
Areas of Special Interest
Relationship difficulties, Men’s work, addiction, stress, anxiety, unresolved anger and grief. Trauma and developmental needs. Mindfulness training.
I offer a kind, safe, warm, encouraging, supportive, respectful, empathetic, and non-judgmental space. The focus is on results and moving forward. The goal is for you to heal the past and to grow towards a meaningful and fulfilling life on all your desired levels.
We embark together on a guided journey of awareness to gain insight and drive change. We unpack limiting core beliefs, memories, patterns and underlying issues that cause unhelpful behaviours and the recurrence of unwanted situations. Those are transformed to bring about balance and health.
Mindfulness training and coaching of the mind-body connection is key - change comes with less effort. I support you through the process of problem solving and decision making, especially at times of transition and uncertainty.
Common issues that I work with:
- Mood: anxiety, depression, stress, emotional numbness, overwhelm, burnout, ongoing anger.
- Relationship: communication, sexuality, trust, conflict, co-dependency, polyamory, affairs, break-ups.
- Life issues: trauma, addictions, self-esteem, loneliness, abuse, rejection, feeling stuck, procrastination, loss, scarcity, creativity blocks, social difficulties, attraction challenges, lack of intimacy, existential & spiritual dilemmas.
Somatic / embodied therapy, mindfulness, solution focused & narrative therapy, CBT, DBT, Nonviolent Communication (NVC), transactional analysis, humanistic and existential therapy.
Influences also drawn from diverse approaches such as: Hakomi, Gestalt, archetypal-experiential psychology, movement, drama & ritual theatre therapy, integral theory, yoga & martial arts.
Registrations and Professional Memberships
- Provisional Member of the NZ Association of Counsellors (ProvMNZAC)
- Accredited Facilitator of Non-violence Programmes for Men (Living Without Violence Tauranga & Waiheke, 2018)
- Child Protection Programme (Child Matters, 2018)
- Certificate in Embodied (Somatic) Counselling (Australasian Institute of Somatic Sexology, 2017)
- Diploma in Professional Counselling (NZ Institute for Professional Counselling, 2016)
- Certificate in Rudolf Steiner Education (Taruna College, Havelock North, 2013)
- Certificate in Non Violent Crisis Intervention (Crisis Prevention Institute, 2012)
- Graduate Diploma in Communications (AUT, Auckland, 2007)
- Bachelors in Philosophy (University of Jerusalem, 2002)
Background and Experience
I work as counsellor at Living Without Violence on Waiheke Island, offering individual and couples therapy. I also co-facilitate the 20 week Non-Violence Programme for Men. We focus on training in emotional management and healthy communication. Website: livingwithoutviolence.co.nz
. I also engage with ongoing training in Men's Work and leadership with the Mankind Project.
I facilitate a six week course in mindfulness four times a year, with Renew Your Mind. Participants get great results at this very popular course. Website: renewyourmind.co.nz
I am also a moderator at the Big White Wall, a social media platform for mental health with 180,000 members. Website: bigwhitewall.com