Adults, couples, families.
Areas of Special Interest
Individual adults, couple and family therapy, traumatic experiences - ACC registered (present or past abuse, PTSD). Neglect, loss, grief, anxiety, depression, personal growth, self-confidence, emotional and behavioural problems, life transitions.
Family systemic therapy is based on the belief that individuals cannot be understood in isolation from one another, but rather as a part of their own or original family (values, believes, role expectations, patterns of communication and interaction etc.). With this training in my practice I apply scientifically validated procedures that recognise that:
- conscious and unconscious processes influence behaviour, emotions and cognitive experience.
- experiences remote in time and place influence perceptions and actions in current relationships.
- people influence and are influenced by the systems they are part of.
- physical, emotional, mental and spiritual aspects of experience are interrelated.
Systemic therapy will provide a safe space for you to explore your relationships, thoughts and feelings.
My primary type of therapy is Systemic Therapy, which includes narrative therapy, solution-focused therapy, emotion-focused therapy and cognitive behavioural techniques, as required. My background is in Clinical Psychology (recognised in NZ by NZQA) and Psychotherapy. I work with individuals (adults) and couples. One area of significant focus and passion in my work is single-event or prolonged trauma. I am ACC registered.
Please visit my website
for further details about the types of issues I work with and any other information you may require.
Registrations and Professional Memberships
- Member NZ Christian Counsellors Association (MNZCCA)
- Clinical Practitioner Member NZ Association of Family Therapy (NZAFT)
- ACC Registered Counsellor
- Master of Science (Clinical Psychology)
- Bachelor of Arts (Psychology)
Background and Experience
3 years - Clinical Psychologist: "Mana" Association - Romania (working with teenagers and adults who have suffered sexual abuse and different other forms of trauma)
5 years - Clinical Psychologist and Family and Couple Psychotherapist - Private Practice Timisoara - Romania (working with individuals, couples, families and different types of trauma)
5 years - Counsellor in Private Practice - New Zealand
For more information about me, please check my website.