Children (8+), adolescents, adults.
- Adults, Adolescents, Children ages 8 and up
- Loss of a loved one (Human or Animal Companion)
- Coping with a Chronic and/or Life threatening Medical Condition
- Chronic Pain and/or Chronic Fatigue
- Preparing for yours or a loved ones death and making the most of the time that's left
- Care Giver Burnout/Fatigue
- Multi-cultural issues such as: Culture Shock and/or Balancing ones own culture with a new identity or new culture
- Immigration Stress
- Day to Day Stress
- Work place bullying (also see consultation services)
- Loss of direction or purpose
- Job loss (also see consultation services)
- Fear and Uncertainty in the current climate
- Sustained weight loss
First and foremost I do not believe a psychologist can be beneficial to others if they do not practice what they teach; therefore, I will never ask you to engage in behaviour changes or skills that I haven't practised or wouldn't be willing to engage in myself. I believe humour is healing and will incorporate it whenever appropriate and applicable. Therapy is not a one size fits all approach and will therefore look different depending on the client; however, I generally use a variety of techniques that includes talk therapy with skills building. Clients have described me as "open, honest, non-judgemental, down to earth and easy to connect with."
Registrations and Professional Memberships
- Registered Clinical Psychologist
- Doctorate in Psychology (Alliant International University in Los Angeles, USA)
Background and Experience
I have been working as a licensed psychologist for 10 years. I have worked in a wide variety of settings that have included prisons, hospitals, inpatient and outpatient, and private practice. My speciality is health psychology which includes working with children and adults with either acute or chronic medical conditions. I have worked with spinal cord injuries, burns, diabetes, weight management, cancer, endometriosis, chronic pain and any many other medical illnesses that can create anxiety, depression and poor quality of life. Additionally, I have worked with adolescents and adults in the LGBTQ community, and have assisted clients who are struggling with identity and/or cultural issues.