Children, adolescents, adults, couples, families, groups.
Areas of Special Interest
LGBTIQA+. Sexual abuse (ACC registered). Trauma and Abuse. Children and Adolescents. Gender diversity. Autism spectrum and spectrum behaviours. Self-harm. Bullying.
I offer counselling in the following areas:
- Relationships and family dynamics
- Adjusting to Life Changes
- Trauma and abuse (incl. sexual abuse)
- Family violence
- Women's Issues
- Couples counselling
- Children and adolescents
- Autism Spectrum (incl. Aspergers)
- Family Issues
- Communication skills
- Workplace issues
- Work/Life Balance
I operate from a person centred approach to help clients achieve their goals and find hope. I often uses a variety of approaches including Cognitive Behavioural Therapy, Interactive Drawing Therapy, Gestalt, and Reality Therapy.
Registrations and Professional Memberships
- Member of the NZ Association of Counsellors (MNZAC)
- ACC Registered Counsellor (Sensitive Claims)
- Bachelor's Degree in Social Science (Counselling)
- Diploma in Counselling (Children and Young People)
- Post Graduate Diploma in Professional Supervision
Background and Experience
I have been a practicing counsellor in Auckland since 2011. I have worked in schools, community organisations, and private practice, which provides me with a wide variety of clients and backgrounds within a professional setting. I have been working with ACC sensitive claims since 2017, and have been aligned with Rainbow Youth to provide therapeutic support to the rainbow community since 2011.
I have been offering supervision since 2016, and offer these services to anyone who seeks them, not just other counsellors. I have experience supervising students in various counselling and psychology programs, as well as registered and qualified professionals.