Adolescents, adults, couples, families, groups.
Areas of Special Interest
Relationships, stress, grief, anxiety, depression, cross-culture relationships, trauma, sexual abuse, self-confidence, personal & professional & business development, pre-marital preparation, life change, degenerative diseases.
Counselling can help you to:
- explore your emotions, thoughts and behaviors
- become more aware of yourself, your values and what motivates you
- to find purpose and meaning in your life; improve your relationships
- be more relaxed and manage stress; develop your sense of well-being
- plan and set goals
- improve self care
- positive change in physical, emotional and financial areas
I can help you develop the insights and skills to manage and work through the problems you are experiencing. You will be listened to empathically and supported in developing an understanding as to what is happening for you.
I can also help you discover how the past patterns influence the present. These new insights create freedom to explore choices around change. I will support you to develop new skills to manage these changes. Self-esteem and self-confidence increase. Relationships with yourself and others become healthier.
As a certified integrative nutrition and health coach from an holistic approach, I provide:
- Holistic health history interview along with 6 months health coaching programme.
- Health assessment to identify how the body and mind interaction is affecting your life and provide options of change as well.
I work from a holistic perspective. My approach is integrative, and my work includes the use of cognitive behaviour therapy (CBT), Transactional Analysis (TA), family systems therapy, imago relationship and person-centred counselling.
For integrative nutrition and health coaching programme, a free health history interview will be provided prior joining the programme.
For health consultation, a “True Health Assessment” will be applied; life style and options of living the fullest of life will be provided.
Coaching and Mentoring skills are integrated for corporate top management to develop their leadership and business.
Registrations and Professional Memberships
- Member of the NZ Association of Counsellors (MNZAC)
- Integrative Nutrition and Health Coach
- Marriage Celebrant
- Diploma of Counselling & Family Therapy
- Certificate of Supervision Skills
- Diploma of Integrative Nutrition and Health
- PhD (Candidate)
- Master of Philosophy (in Sociology)
- Master of Divinity
- Bachelor of Social Science
- Bachelor of Theology
Background and Experience
I have been providing counselling services to couples, youth and children since 1987. I also provide professional supervision for counsellors, mental health workers and NGO’s administrators, including cultural supervision.
- Counsellor & Supervisor in private practice
- Personal Development Group work
- Parenting group work
- Manager of Chinese Lifeline North (2009-2012)
- Visiting Lecturer in a College and University
- E-counsellor of Depression Line and Lowdown (2008-2012)
- Established Hospital Chaplaincy in Hong Kong and Chaplaincy for International students in Auckland
Sunday provides supervision for practitioners wanting to reflect on their work in community agencies, mental health settings, education and private practice. I am also available to students for supervision.
Sunday has been at the forefront of holistic care for her clients, trainees, and students for 25 years. She was instrumental in the founding of three chaplaincy services, two hospital chaplaincies in Hong Kong and a Chaplaincy for international students at the University of Auckland and AUT. She has been a counsellor and growth group facilitator since 1987 working for young people and families in different cultures.
Her interdisciplinary academic background enriches her and enables her to work with people from different areas and life experiences, from an individual to a social level, from a physical to a spiritual and emotional perspective.
Sunday is passionate about enlightening the personal and professional development of the supervisees.