Adolescent girls, adults, groups.
Areas of Special Interest
Managing anxiety, depression and other mental health issues, addictions, promoting self-esteem, trauma-Informed therapy.
Expressive Therapies are holistic – attending to emotional, cognitive, physical and spiritual well-being – and aligns well with indigenous models of health and well-being.
Expressive therapies use creative processes to help you explore and express unconscious material that is often difficult to articulate in words. Using the arts, you are more likely to practice new patterns of healthier behaviour. The emphasis is on the process rather than meaning making or the end product. This type of therapy can be practiced with individuals, groups, families and communities.
Expressive Therapies can help with:
- Building healthy coping mechanisms
- Personal and professional growth
- Processing traumatic experiences
- Increasing intra and inter personal skills
- Reduction of stress and anxiety
- Maintaining well-being
- Increase in self-confidence, compassion and self esteem
- Improving communication skills
Kikkli offers expressive therapy in addition to traditonal talking therapy that hopes to pave a way towards growth and well-being. The types of expression can include visual art, writing, sculpture, sand tray, movement and even music from time to time!
I am a Registered Clinical Arts Therapist based in Auckland and currently work with adults in the mental health, addictions, forensic and trauma sectors. My practice is informed by a behavioral, psychoanalytical and person-centered framework.
Registrations and Professional Memberships
- Professional Member of the Australian, NZ and Asian Arts Therapy Association (MANZACATA)
- Practitioner Member of the Drug and Alcohol Practitioners Association of Aotearoa-New Zealand (DAPAANZ)
- Accredited Clinical Supervisor with the Drug and Alcohol Practitioners Association of Aotearoa-New Zealand (DAPAANZ)
- ACC Registered Counsellor
- Masters of Arts in Arts Therapy
- Postgraduate Certificate in Health Sciences
- Postgraduate Diploma in Art in Psychology
- Bachelor of Arts in Psychology
Background and Experience
In my 7 years working in the field of mental health and addictions, I have worked with a wide variety of individuals, groups and families over a variety of issues. My work experience ranges from working in organizations like WALSH Trust and Odyssey House to my own current private practice, Kikkli Expressive Therapies.
I provide clinical supervision for professionals working in the addictions and mental health field using a strengths-based approach that focusses on building confidence, knowledge, and sense of professional identity.