Areas of Special Interest
Anxiety, stress, depression, relationship issues, difficulties at work, bullying, self-esteem and building confidence, grief and loss, trauma and abuse, PTSD, fertility support, personal growth, mindfulness, spirituality.
I am an experienced Counsellor, offering confidential and supportive counselling and therapy in Wellington Central and Miramar.
I listen with empathy, warmth and an open mind. When you come to see me, we will work together to:
- Get to the core of problems
- Heal trauma
- Work with painful experience and inner conflict
- Identify unhelpful ways of being that are limiting you
- Develop supportive behaviours that serve your growth
- Empower you to make creative choices
- Build meaningful relationships with others
- Find your life purpose
- Face life’s challenges with confidence and resilience
I can help you to honestly face whatever is troubling you, in a spacious and gentle way. This can feel enlivening and freeing. Through this process you will build skills to make meaning of the past, embrace the present, and lay foundations for the future.
I am trained in Psychosynthesis Counselling, a holistic approach where we work together to navigate issues in your life. Psychosynthesis is a gentle and yet powerful approach which addresses the whole person (your body, feelings, thoughts, and spirituality) in order to integrate seemingly conflicting parts of yourself.
I help you to achieve your goals in life, and together we regularly assess your progress. I use a range of tools, including mindfulness, body awareness and exercises to engage the imagination, adapting to each individual’s needs.
Registrations and Professional Memberships
- Provisional Member of the NZ Association of Counsellors (ProvMNZAC)
- Clinical Member of Psychosynthesis Association of NZ Aotearoa (PAnzA)
- Member of Alexander Technique Teachers Society of NZ (ATTSNZ)
- Member of Song Leaders Network Aotearoa (SLNA)
- Diploma in Psychosynthesis Counselling (Institute of Psychosynthesis NZ) 2016
- Alexander Technique Teacher’s Certificate (Brighton AT Training Centre UK) 1996
- Bachelor of Arts (English Literature, Massey University, NZ) 1986
Background and Experience
I have been working in private practice as a Counsellor in Wellington since 2014. I am currently furthering my studies and will soon graduate with a Diploma of Psychosynthesis Psychotherapy.
I am also an experienced bodyworker and have been teaching the Alexander Technique (body-mind education) since 1996, working in private practice and running group workshops and training in the UK and NZ. I also offer voice coaching (for singing and public speaking) and I have a background in mindfulness meditation, which enriches my work.
I am passionate about living life to the full, and helping others to realise their potential.