Areas of Special Interest
Anxiety, stress, depression, relationship issues, difficulties at work, bullying, self-esteem and building confidence, grief and loss, trauma and abuse, PTSD, fertility support, personal growth, mindfulness, spirituality.
I offer confidential and supportive sessions in Wellington Central and Miramar.
I listen with empathy, warmth and an open mind. When you come to see me, we will work together to:
- Get to the core of problems
- Heal trauma
- Work with painful experience and inner conflict
- Identify unhelpful ways of being that are limiting you
- Develop supportive behaviours that serve your growth
- Empower you to make creative choices
- Build meaningful relationships with others
- Find your life purpose
- Face life’s challenges with confidence and resilience
I can help you to honestly face whatever is troubling you, in a spacious and gentle way. This can feel enlivening and freeing. Through this process you will build skills to make meaning of the past, embrace the present, and lay foundations for the future.
I am trained in Psychosynthesis Counselling & Psychotherapy, a holistic approach where we work together to navigate issues in your life. Psychosynthesis is gentle and yet powerful, addressing the whole person (your body, feelings, thoughts, and spirituality) in order to integrate seemingly conflicting parts of yourself.
I help you to achieve your goals in life, and together we regularly assess your progress. I use a range of tools, including mindfulness, working with the body, and exercises to engage the imagination, adapting to each individual’s needs.
I also work in the context of a therapeutic relationship - which in itself can heal relationship ruptures of the past.
Registrations and Professional Memberships
- Registered Psychotherapist
- Member of the NZ Association of Psychotherapist (MNZAP)
- Clinical Member of Psychosynthesis Association of NZ Aotearoa (PAnzA)
- Member of Alexander Technique Teachers Society of NZ (ATTSNZ)
- Diploma in Psychosynthesis Psychotherapy (Institute of Psychosynthesis NZ) 2018
- Diploma in Psychosynthesis Counselling (Institute of Psychosynthesis NZ) 2016
- Alexander Technique Teacher’s Certificate (Brighton AT Training Centre UK) 1996
- Bachelor of Arts (English Literature, Massey University, NZ) 1986
Background and Experience
I have been working in private practice as a counsellor in Wellington since 2016, and as a psychotherapist since 2018.
I am also an experienced teacher of the Alexander Technique (body-mind education) and have been practising since 1996, working with individuals and groups in the UK and NZ. I also offer voice coaching (for singing and public speaking) and I have a background in mindfulness meditation, which enriches my work.
I am passionate about living life to the full, and helping others to realise their potential.