Adolescents, adult women.
Areas of Special Interest
I specialise in providing support for women/youth who have been impacted by Family Harm. I work with shame, the inner critic, anxiety/depression, self esteem, how to regulate emotions and anger management. Life Coaching making a plan forward
I have a warm and down to earth approach providing a safe, non judgemental environment where I can support you to begin to look at the things that matter to you.
Talking in a safe environment can help you to explore, reflect and process what is going on in your world so you can identify where you can make changes and begin to heal. When we are listened to well it makes the process of healing easier and helps to light the way to move forward. I will support you to begin to understand yourself in a more integrated way learning the mind and body connection and explore the connection between your thoughts, feelings, beliefs and behaviour. I will assist you to learn new strategies to manage challenges and move through things that get in the way that will help to build resilience that can better support challenges moving forward.
I believe in balance - the focus on the problem but also finding a way forward.
I believe each person is an individual and I am flexible and adapt my approach to what best suits the person. The most important of all is the building of a safe relationship that is foundational to our work together. Other approaches are:
- Client Centred
- Strengths based approach
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy
- Narrative Therapy
- Drawing Therapy
- Mindfulness and grounding techniques
- Attentive listening and support
- Client is the most important person in the room
- Drawing therapy
- Body work – mind and body connections.
Registrations and Professional Memberships
- Member of the NZ Association of Counsellors (MNZAC)
- Member Restorative Practices Association
Background and Experience
- I have been working in therapeutic relationships with people for 12 years, working with youth in individual therapy and also part of a team starting a teen girls programme for youth who were disengaged from the education system.
- I have worked with women, children and families who have been affected by family violence.
- For the last 5 years I have worked as a Restorative Justice facilitator on the family harm team bringing families together to talk about the harm that has been done giving the victim a voice to the harm done.
- I have also worked in general counselling roles working with anxiety, depression, self esteem, communication, grief and loss.
- I have completed Studies equivalent to Diploma in Management and am currently studying a Diploma in Coaching.
- I have come with a large amount of life experience which gives me further insight and strengthens the work I do.