Adolescents (15+), adults, couples.
Areas of Special Interest
Addiction, anxiety, insomnia, depression, relationships, trauma, loss & grief, self esteem etc.
My therapeutic approach is a 'Synthesis' of Relational Psychodynamic, Humanistic, and Cognitive Behavioural modalities. 'Synthesis' also refers to the goal of integrating the parts of one's Self into a well-functioning whole, bringing balance and meaning.
Read My Articles
Registrations and Professional Memberships
- Member New Zealand Association of Counsellors (MNZAC)
- Member of New Zealand Psychological Society (MNZPsS)
- Member of the Counselling Psychology Institute of New Zealand
- Masters of Health Science (Hons)
- Postgraduate Diploma in Public Health
- Graduate Diploma in Psychosocial (Psychotherapy) Studies
- Postgraduate Certificate in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT)
Background and Experience
- More than 15 years experience in Psychotherapy, Counselling, Supervision, and Clinical Education.
- Previously a Senior Lecturer in Mental Health and Addictions.
- Currently a School Counsellor (High School)