Adolescents (15+), adults, couples.
Areas of Special Interest
Addiction, anxiety, insomnia, depression, relationships, trauma, loss & grief, self esteem etc.
My therapeutic approach is a 'Synthesis' of Relational Psychodynamic, Humanistic, and Cognitive Behavioural modalities. 'Synthesis' also refers to the goal of integrating the parts of one's Self into a well-functioning whole, bringing balance and meaning.
Read My Articles
Registrations and Professional Memberships
- Member New Zealand Association of Counsellors (MNZAC)
- Member of New Zealand Psychological Society (MNZPsS)
- Member of the Counselling Psychology Institute of New Zealand
- Masters of Health Science (Hons)
- Postgraduate Diploma in Public Health
- Graduate Diploma in Psychosocial (Psychotherapy) Studies
- Postgraduate Certificate in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT)
- Bachelor of Arts (Education)
- Graduate Certificate Higher Education
- Certificate Supervisory Management
Background and Experience
- More than 15 years experience in Psychotherapy, Counselling, Supervision, and Clinical Education.
- Previously a Senior Lecturer in Mental Health and Addictions.
- Currently a School Counsellor (High School)
- Currently enrolled - Certificate in Supervision for Health & Social Service Professionals.
I have a limited number of spaces available per fortnight for supervision of Counsellors, Therapists, Social Workers or Drug & Alcohol Practitioners (Qualified or in training). Either in-person at Titirangi or Online.
My supervision experience includes as a supervisor of Volunteer Phone Counsellors at Youthline (2004-2005), supervision of Social Work, Counsel ling, and AOD Practitioners on placement in an Alcohol & Drug Service (2010-2012), as a Senior Lecturer in Mental Health & Addictions supervising MIT Mental Health students on clinical placements (2012-2014), providing Specialist Consultations and Case Supervision for Social Workers as part of my role at Clinical Services Unit of Child Youth & Family/Oranga Tamariki (2014-2017), and providing supervision sessions (as a secondary supervisor) for Counselling Psychology students on placement in a school counselling department setting.